ASHA Storyteller Diane Kaufman, MD is a poet, artist, and Child Psychiatrist. She is also a suicide survivor, and has Bipolar II Disorder. In celebration of Mental Health Awareness Month, Diane shared her story with KATU to end the stigma and shame surrounding mental illness. And remind us all that mental illness and wellness is part of being human. Treatment works. People can recover and thrive.
- Breaking Through: Beating the Odds Shot after Shot
- July is #BIPOCMentalHealthMonth.
- The Healing Power of Vulnerability
- Let’s Celebrate the Class of 2020!
- Finding silver lining during quarantine
- Give yourself a chance to experience your feelings. Feel them, acknowledge them, and then move on.
- Being okay with ‘just okay’ is so important!
- Hold On Pain Ends.
- Up close & personal with Gayathri Ramprasad
- Battling suicide through storytelling