Thank you to our program funder
ASHA International and the Arts & Healing Resiliency Center at Mind Matters, PC welcome you to the “Create Resilience Youth Mental Health Campaign.”
“Congratulations to you and your team for the “Create Resilience Youth Mental Health” Campaign!
You are such an amazing advocate for mental health and I am so glad that you are using your talent to approach this problem with a different lens.”
Interested in participating in this program?
The “Create Resilience Youth Mental Health Campaign” is absolutely wonderful. As a parent and an educator, I am so grateful.”
The Importance of Mental Health
Mental health impacts our quality of life each and every day and impacts our very ability to stay alive. For youth in Oregon suicide is a leading cause of death. We all need to work together to improve youth mental health and prevent suicide. Youth ages 13 – 21 years old are an essential part of that conversation in order for positive change to be created.
You are important. Your thoughts, feelings, and observations are important. You can make a difference.
- What if your ideas could help change the world?
- What if your ideas could help improve the life of just one person?
Would it be worth it? We think so!
Why we do this Work
The “Create Resilience Youth Mental Health Campaign” improves youth mental health through courageously sharing stories of mental health lived experiences and ideas on what needs to happen in order to improve attitudes, family and community support, and to enhance effective treatment.
The goals of the “Create Resilience Youth Mental Health Campaign” are:
- To provide youth an opportunity to express their creative ideas (visual artwork, essays, stories, poems, songs and/or plays) that illustrate how to improve and better address the mental health needs of youth.
- To offer mental health professionals insight directly from youth on how to better address youth mental health needs.
- To encourage mental health professionals to implement positive change inspired by the ideas of youth.
Your unique contribution is vital to reaching the goals of the “Create Resilience Youth Mental Health Campaign.” ASHA International and the Arts & Healing Resilience Center at Mind Matters, PC invite you – yes, you! – to creatively share your ideas on how to improve the mental health of youth just like yourself and your peers.
Your Voice Has Power
- No one has your unique experiences and voice.
- Sharing our ideas we learn that while we are unique we are also not alone.
- Ideas have transformational power to create change when we listen and act.
- Speaking up for what we believe is right helps create the better tomorrow.
- Speaking against what we believe to be wrong is a truth that needs to be told.
- When we express ourselves honestly, creatively, and courageously, we are empowered to become part of the solution.
- One voice when joined with other voices is powerful and manifests change in the world.
Please share your voice and become part of the “Create Resilience Youth Mental Health Campaign.”