The fast-growing COVID-19 pandemic is impacting all our lives.We understand this is a difficult time for all of us, and it’s taking a toll on our health – mental and physical. We wanted to share some tools that can help you stay calm & centered. Hope you find them helpful as you get through these trying times.
- Meditate – There are some wonderful free apps that you can download on your phone or smartwatch. Take a few minutes to start, end or break up your day with meditation.
- Journal – Spend a few minutes journaling three things you are grateful for each day. It is a great way to increase positivity and happiness in your life.
- Exercise – Get outside! Go for a walk, run or bike ride. Or unroll your mat and do some yoga, stretching or Pilates. Even 15 minutes will change your mood and you’ll be surprised, after you start you may not want to stop.
- Enjoy healthy meals – gather your family and cook your favorite recipes and enjoy them together.
- Explore a new or overlooked hobby – Pick up a book, put together a puzzle, work in your garden, bake cookies. These can take your mind off everything happening right now and help center you. You could also pick up a new hobby through online videos or tutorials.
- Organize – Remember that junk drawer you always say you’re going to clean, take a few minutes and tackle that project. Think about how great it will be to check it off your list!
- Sleep – Make sure you are getting enough sleep each night. Go ahead, indulge in an afternoon nap. It’s good for you.
Speaking of exercise, one of our very own Storytellers, Molly, shared about how yoga and mindfulness helped her heal and continues to be a tool for her in her mental health journey. Check out Molly’s story to learn more. If you would like to explore more wellness tools, please click here…
Be well and stay safe. Together, we will rise through these difficult times, stronger, kinder and more resilient.